Tuesday 11 December 2007

How Universities are using Web 2.0 to promote their Libraries

This was a short presentation I gave in the Pillar Room at Olympia during the Online Conference last week. Didn't manage to show any YouTube videos and the two I most enjoy highlighting are the De Montfort Induction video, which is excellent because in good Web 2.0 style it begins with the users and promotes the Library from their viewpoints : and the L-Team, which amuses me no end every time I see it : it must be the music - it's great!

I should also have shown the British Library video "From Bones to Bytes" fronted by Tim Campbell, winner of "The Apprentice"Tim Campbell, winner of the BBC's 'The Apprentice', which gives a video introduction to the British Library and what it offers to visitors and researchers.

No comments: